Shaped Charges which is known as Drilling Explosive used by Oil companies to make holes on steel pipe (casing) with cement surrounded, which has been put in the hole of the oil well, so that through that holes oil will flow in and can be pumped out.
In 1946, the explosives Shaped Charges was adapted for oil well perforating supplanting the tradition bullet perforator.
With continues improvement over the year, the technique has evolved to be the most cost effective and popular method for oil well completion.
Under joint operation arrangement PT Dahana and Chartered Oiltech Services Pte Ltd Singapore, established an oilwell shaped charges manufacturing facility at Tasikmalaya, West of Java.
This facility is the first and only one in Indonesia with capability to develop and manufacture advanced oil well shaped charges to meet the requirement of oil industry both in Indonesia and South East Asia Regions
Types of The Shaped Charges
A comprehansive range of perforating charges which is manufactured in Tasikmalaya facility include :
- Deep Penetrating Charges (DP) for High Shot Density and Ported Carrier System, especially designed for application in deeper more compacted limestone and sand stone formations.
- Big Hole Charges (BH) for High Shot Density and Ported Carrier System, used for application in Gravel Pack and sand control completitions.
- Encapsulated Charges available multi phased with Deep Penetrating or Big Hole Liners for Through Tubing Perforating applications.
- Liner and circular charges for salvage and pipe recovery works.
The perforating charges are loaded with RDX or HMX. Other higher temperature rated explosives may be loaded on request. The explosives charges weight ranges from 6 to 54 grams percharge.
The company offers a full range of charges suitable for all the popular gun size from 1-9/16”” to 7”” outside diameters. Design and Manufacturing Standard All shaped charges are certified to the current API standard and strict quality control processes are instituted in production. The management is certified to ISO 9001.
DESIGN AND MANUFACTURING STANDARD
All the shaped charges are certified to the current API standard and strict quality control processes are instituted in production. The plant is certified to ISO 9002 standard and being updated to ISO 9001.
DOJO (Dahana Olitech Joint Operation) Product has met the standard of API RP 43 and been striving to meet API RP 19B. Besides, DOJO Plant has also been certified to safety standard of OHSAS 18000 by SGS. DOJO has been applying ISO 9001:2000 since May 3, 2004.
CARRIER TYPES AND SIZE:
1. Stripes & Capsule 1-11/16” OD. 2-1/8” OD and 1-1/2” OD
2. High Shot Density 2.00” OD, 2-7/8” OD, 3” OD, 3-1/8” OD, 4” OD, 41/2” OD and 7.00” OD
3. Ported Carries 3-3/8” OD, 4-00” OD and 5-00” OD
4. Available cut to length in metric or imperial dimensions.